AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

569 baler
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 6/25/2024 18:22 (#10787340 - in reply to #10786947)
Subject: RE: 569 baler - net wrap problems

Driftless SW Wisconsin

I had similar symptoms of inconsistent net wrapping resulting in wrapping around my JD 569's top roller.

After a lot back and forth with the dealer and various dealer servicemen, during one episode while cleaning out the faulty net wrap, I notice that some of the welds on the netwrap guide weldment had broken and the forward (nearest the bale) end of exactly four of the eight ends were floating loose, snagging and causing netwrap issues. These are channel shaped supports welded to what I recall is a solid steel round bar.

Taking this large weldment off the baler, the four right hand welds had broken, the four left hand were fine. Having worked at JD years ago it is obvious this weldment is done by 2 welders who each do half of this weldment. The guy who did the right half obviously did not have his welding  machine set right, or just did not know what he was doing.  This is a difficult weld, welding a light weight channel to a heavy steel bar and requires proper MIG welder settings and technique.

I took this weldment in to the local JD dealer who had an experienced welder re-weld the four loose channels to the round rod and ground them smooth. I have not had a netwrap problem since (knock on wood).

Netwrap on the top roll is generally the result of loose wrap from other causes. Check the netwrap support weldment is welded and smooth.

I hope this helps you.

Edited by Jim 6/25/2024 22:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)