AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

2016 Chevy Malibu, yea or nay? 1.5 Turbo
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dakota boy
Posted 6/25/2024 23:03 (#10787645 - in reply to #10787294)
Subject: RE: 2016 Chevy Malibu, yea or nay? 1.5 Turbo

SE SD
My oldest two daughters we bought a 2017 and a 2018 Malibu and we made sure it had all the good options for teenage drivers such as lane assist , blind spot ,one touch entry on the door handle and a few other options . They have been very good cars for us the one had 46k miles when we bought it and the other 59k miles and the one just turned over 90k and has been trouble free except for the raccoon she hit last week took out both cooler s and damage was $5669. The cooler being that low to the ground are not a good design . The girls drive them short distances (4 miles to out town) to school and sports and then they also drive them upto 75 plus miles to help me in the farther fields and their fuel averages are 29.5-34.5 everyone I fill them up but I bet on a longer drive they’d avg 38-42 mpg . I think the 2017 has the bigger engine and the 2018 has the turbo but I’d have to look to make sure which one is which but both their mpg are almost identical . We looked at impalas for the girls but we heard horror stories from my mechanic friends that the impalas have issues on snow and ice something about how the front end is designed differently. I know Nissan , Hondas accord , and a few other cars are probably better at going well over 150 k miles but we just don’t have anyone to work on those brands close by and they are a lot more expensive . My aunt from Lincoln has had 3 Honda accords that have all went 180-220k miles without the engine being touched . I don’t think you’d go wrong with a Malibu and they don’t look roomy but my daughters are 5’6 and 5’8” and they are very comfortable in them
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)