AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is Deere Wrap worth the money??
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Hagie pilot
Posted 6/26/2024 10:25 (#10788083 - in reply to #10788010)
Subject: RE: Is Deere Wrap worth the money??

Ontario
I did the math on it just the other day, doing 2 wraps per bale i figured on 307 bales for a roll of grand harvest, 378 for a roll of cover edge, and 412 for a roll of edge to edge (on a 4x5 bale). It worked out to $.85 for the Grand Harvest, $1.08 for the cover edge, and $1.04 for the edge to edge per bale (16' circumference x 2 for 32' of wrap per bale). All these are at full list with no early order or bulk discounts and in Canadian dollars. I'm still using the cover edge because i think it does a better job and i find the grand harvest rips easier so it's worth the extra money to me. I've never tried any other brands i know you guys down south have a few more options.

I've also been told the polymer they use to bind the net in the Tama/Deere rolls help stopping it from wrapping on the roller as well, something about other brands using a light oil instead that soaks into the rubber. I don't know how much truth is to that but i have net wrapped around the rubber roll less than 5 times a year where my neighbour is constantly fighting it.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)