AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Markets a week from now
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

JRCS Farms
Posted 6/26/2024 17:33 (#10788441 - in reply to #10788409)
Subject: RE: Markets a week from now

There will almost certainly be areas that make records this year in Indiana. All of our corn is still on track. Got a little sketchy the last 20 days teetering on losing some potential in the stuff that was planted a bit too wet due to the dry month and the record heat. But since Saturday we’ve had perfect rains and real nice weather which kept our top end in play and the corn is growing like mad again. But I’ve been all over the northern half of the state (Indy and north) the past 10 days and quite frankly wasn’t impressed by much of anything I saw outside of our 30 mile neighborhood. Granted I’m much more familiar with what my and other local crops usually look like so I might be off base saying that I wasn’t overly impressed with other areas. Still marketing like it’s going to be a big crop, if we’re wrong we can buy back on the way up and sell it again. Got caught with our pants down the last 9 months and don’t want to sit on the sideline watching the market trend downward. The unfortunate reality is we’re really good at growing corn in this country. And with this demand it’ll take a massive crop failure in a big state to get any major benefit to the market at this point. My guess? If you didn’t sell 3 or 4 weeks ago when new crop corn was $5 you missed the rally but my opinion isn’t worth much
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)