AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Report delayed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

fatan sassy
Posted 6/28/2024 13:52 (#10790894 - in reply to #10790840)
Subject: RE: Report delayed

northern edge of north central Missouri
w1891 - 6/28/2024 13:16

It’s pushback again the singular focus of producers on something that is much much less important than they realize. How many read the weekly commitment of traders, how many track exports and more importantly export prices at various sources. Instead we get discussions on numbers most have little experience or perspective on. It’s always “oh it’s USDA numbers” that why don’t actually understand in the first place.

Like I mentioned before, everyone needs to find a contact or network with someone with actual experience in the grain markets past the farm gate. Many famers don’t have a clue once the truck crosses the pit. It would open you eyes.

Off? Your metric of success is to pinpoint the exact acres irrespective of planting conditions and price in Mar.? Well then I don’t know what to tell you.

Yes They were off. They are off today. If they don’t know, they shouldn’t report. My objective in this business is to make money from farming not from government. That makes you and I different. The Government inject itself and negatively affects my ability to market my products. Taxpayers spend a lot of money on USDA reports that I would prefer didn’t exist. I could explain to you all the reasons why but you wouldn’t understand them because I don’t think you have much skin in the game. I hate the lead up to reports and what it does to the markets and I hate report days because of what it does to the markets. And there are a lot of those days.

The reports that you referred to while admonishing people for not studying them, don’t have near the interruption power as reports like today. The evidence is obvious to anyone who wants to see it.

Edited by fatan sassy 6/28/2024 14:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)