AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Corn entering 2014-2020 levels? Or will old resistance turn to new support?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

fatan sassy
Posted 6/28/2024 22:43 (#10791500 - in reply to #10791393)
Subject: RE: Corn entering 2014-2020 levels? Or will old resistance turn to new support?

northern edge of north central Missouri
SoDak Farms - 6/28/2024 21:07

So, who all said I was wrong suggesting shorting at 4.53 last Saturday?

Edit- Forgot the “****” for sarcasm.

Good luck everyone. It’s a pivotal time right now I think.

At the time you were shorting at 4.53 I didn’t know or expect USDA to increase corn acres by a million and a half and didn’t know they would increase stocks given some recent sales reports and watching basis improving in a big area. My knowledge of the amount of acres that went in very late as well as knowing how many holes exist in a lot of good looking fields combined with knowing what inflation has done in the last couple of years kept me from thinking shorting corn at 4.53 was a good idea. At least until we get an idea of weather for so many acres of corn when historically I don’t have the highest hopes when corn is planted this late. It may be more accurate to say that anyone shorting was given a wonderful surprise gift from the USDA report today. It would be more accurate to say anyone who was short pre report lucked out. Unless you knew the contents of the report ahead of release. No disrespect but I think you got lucky , not necessarily skilled.
If I ever guess right on what a govt report will say and position to profit from it before the release, it will be 100% luck!

Congrats on your win!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)