AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Field doc connect Raven Dry controller to GS2630 having issues
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 6/29/2024 07:25 (#10791687 - in reply to #10790814)
Subject: RE: Field doc connect Raven Dry controller to GS2630 having issues

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have some limited experience with using a Raven controller with another system for mapping and recording. My experience was with a Raven 450 and Liquid. The information was exchanged with an Ag Leader Application rate module and an Ag Leader display.

This means our two situations have some differences but some similarities.

I needed to setup the Raven as Data logger ON, BAUD rate 9600, Units -Seconds, Time -1. This meant that the Raven sent out a text string separated by commas, to its serial port every 1 second at a BAUD rate of 9600. This text string contains information about the boom widths that are ON, flow rate etc. This data string is similar but not identical between the various Raven controllers. For example a 450 would send out 7 numbers for boom widths while a 440 would only send out 3 numbers for boom widths. Choosing a 440 when I really was using a 450 would have caused a problem similar to what you suggest.

I believe as you suggest that the data values are getting "off" one notch due to the fact that you have chosen 440 since the correct choice is not available.

My guess is that the software in the Deere side needs to have an additional choice that you could chose to get the data to be interpreted correctly.

Have you tried any other choices that you have available? I used to work as a Tech and Ag Leader did not list a certain Raven model but choosing another did work. I guess I would try the other possible Raven choices. You might find one that does work for you maybe in a restricted sense.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)