AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Used Combine Prices
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

jdironman
Posted 6/29/2024 07:54 (#10791719 - in reply to #10791653)
Subject: RE: Used Combine Prices

Nw Iowa
Some people are good at wrenching, some are not. I know some people that hardly know what a wrench is, but know how to run their business. If you are good at it, more power to you. But just because one does their own work, does not mean it costs nothing. Parts have become very high. I have seen guys that do their own work have combine ready every winter and are first to the field, also seen guys that do their own work not being timely because they are not ready. ( also seen guys that don’t do their own work, not be ready at all) My point of whole post if you are making good use of your time and have enough acres to justify it and you are not gifted mechanically, buy the newer machine. People never factor in the cost of hired help standing around while a machine is down or fact if you have a lot of acres what 3 or 4 days of down time could cost you in a bad fall. Everybody has different talents, the common thought on here if you don’t do your own work you are a slacker, from seeing things thru businesses that I have been involved with, that doesn’t always work for everybody. There are alot of new farm shops with the most important part being the beer fridge. Know what your strengths and weaknesses are and run your business accordingly.

Edited by jdironman 6/29/2024 07:58
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)