AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Used Combine Prices
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Jrditchdigger
Posted 6/29/2024 07:55 (#10791723 - in reply to #10791288)
Subject: RE: Used Combine Prices

Southern MN
Personally if I was going to keep the combine for several years and you could put the first 300-500 hours on it for only $30/hour that wouldn’t even be a decision for me. Using a 400 hour machine as an example that’s only $12k more to put the first hours on under full warranty. Warranty, basically 0 repairs needed first 400 hours and having a newer model year combine will make you back much more than the $12k “extra” you are paying for the “new” hours. The biggest item of course is the extra 100k the new one will cost you upfront and interest on that money.
That being said if you are more comfortable with used can probably make good money looking at the used market. Deeply discount your combine from what they are offering you for trade in and then look at auction prices. Basically what we did yesterday, if we end up selling our trade in for 50% of what we were allowed on trade in will be about equal to what what dealer offered us, and there offer was actually a really good one. Watching a similar to our trade in sell on auction yesterday hope we can get 85-90% of what we were offered. Will see how it works out but moving forward I am afraid we are going to have to do more of this to keep costs under control.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)