AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Stock trailer questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

ICC
Posted 6/30/2024 08:09 (#10792934 - in reply to #10792895)
Subject: RE: Stock trailer questions

deep in the southeastern corner of Idaho
I have a 24' Eby and a 22' Logan Coach. We like both but especially the EBY a lot. Had a 22' Exiss that we ran for over 20 years but the dealership went under so we switched brands. We try to stay off as many dirt roads as we can and never on a two track like Russ. We haul mainly dry cows, pairs with small calves, stocker calves to the sale yard and deliver bulls and heifers after our sale. With deliveries we put on a lot of miles. The must haves in our trailers are. 1. Reasonable size 22' to 26' X 7. 2. Adjustable front cut gate and another stationary. I promise you having one adjustable you can configure your load any way needed and will never go without. I have a Slidders in my cut gates. At first I thought this is not needed but really like them after some use. 3. Rubber flooring. Not mats but permanent type flooring. Easy to clean, animals don't slip, new type floors are very durable and if you are traveling a zillion miles with animals on it is so much easier on them (speaking to mostly those that find themselves showing cattle).

All the brands mentioned should be OK. Like all pieces of equipment have a dealer or a place that will service them close by and give them the same detail and attention as your other equipment. The top end quality always pays, in my opinion, when it comes to trailers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)