AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Is this trailer ball weldable, which trailer mover is the best?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

rancherman
Posted 6/30/2024 09:37 (#10793073 - in reply to #10792443)
Subject: RE: Is this trailer ball weldable, which trailer mover is the best?

if wall thickness is  same on  both  spears,  I'd  go with the one  that doesn't have the ball on it yet.
lower arm mounts are in  double shear +  riser has  gusset.   
     It does have the  hole for the  top spear in a bad spot-  right in the middle of the  riser..  

be aware when dumping loads,   that  when the dump box   nears the  critical angle, it may put  a  quick negative  force on your  3 pt.. and could  make the 3 pt  snap up against the cylinder stops or what ever that tractor uses to limit  3 pt  travel.  maybe  put a  safety  chain to limit  how high it can lift.   
Most of my  3pt,  gooseneck use is  close to the bottom of the  3 pt.  range.   

mine is a Winkel mfg... without the bale spikes.  I've used it  pretty heavy for only about 5 yrs,  and  no cracks yet.  
Notice  the distance between the top of the ball,  and  the main cross piece is shortened up,  and  the  gussets are  wider.  
My original  re-purposed   'hitch' was a  spear similar to your's,   and  the vertical tall riser started cracking fairly soon.  between the tall riser,  and  the  thinner wall,  it simply wasn't heavy enough for  what I put it through.

(Screenshot 2024-06-30 9.31.07 AM (full).png)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Screenshot 2024-06-30 9.31.07 AM (full).png (58KB - 24 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)