AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Looking for a mini excavator 6T
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jdironman
Posted 6/30/2024 15:53 (#10793471 - in reply to #10792452)
Subject: RE: Looking for a mini excavator 6T

Nw Iowa
You may want to look at 50 class. Most are closer to 11000 or more. Lots more plentiful. I ended up with a Bobcat 50R2 that I bought new just because dealer had been sitting on it and was due so got a decent deal compared to what used were bringing. We have some great Bobcat dealers in our area. Facebook went from very few for sale to 100’s of the so I think that market is starting to reach saturation point also. A lot of sellers not very realistic but that will happen on its own sooner or later. Best time to buy is Dec when dealers are dumping a lot of inventory. Deere has a good reputation but got turned off when we looked at a 50G that had a banged upside panel and Deere parts had none available so wondering after split with Hitachi how parts availability will be? If you have a 20000# trailer I would look for a 16-18000 size as that size will not cost much more and do alot more work. ( don’t know if your 10000 axle was total or each axle) if only a 10000# trailer than a 12000# plus machine might be a load. We haul the Bobcat 50 on a 16000 pound trailer and would hate to have alot less.
I haven’t been able to use ours much as weather has been too wet to do much of anything so can’t report too much. Only thing I don’t like on the Bobcat is 3 cylinder motor has more vibration than I would like. I was looking a Kubota and Bobcat but Bobcat has gotten away from some emission issues where as Kubota I believe has def.
Auctiontime had a 2022 model Bobcat R52 rental return machine last week with if I remember about 600 hrs, a few panels bent but had two more years of warranty and brought 54000$ if I remember in Kansas City. Pretty well equipped with cab, thumb, long arm boom and hyd bucket detach.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)