AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fence ideas?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

beanplanter
Posted 6/30/2024 18:52 (#10793707 - in reply to #10792650)
Subject: RE: Fence ideas?

Missouri

I don't think I'd enjoy looking at the panels in a stretch of new fence, but I'm sure it'd work. 

I have a stretch of 4 wire smooth on spaced out posts that has had a car go through it several times over the years. After the first time I figured out where not to put a post and now it's really easy to just grab a bucket of insulators and the wire stretchers and crimps to make a repair in the middle of the night. Half the time they only take out the bottom two wires but it's easier for the tow truck if I cut the others to let them in to get it. The previous Sheriff even learned how to shut the fence off at either side of the problem areas anchor posts and where there was a gate he could close to keep the cattle out of that paddock if I was going to be a while getting there, so it helps if you set it up easy for everyone involved when you know it's going to be an issue. I believe there's even replaceable break aways now that would avoid having a bunch of ugly splices within 10 foot of each other. 

DO NOT put up anything that looks to have superior stopping power to the rest of your fence. Your using a different fence is already proof that you know it's an issue and it opens you up to litigation that you absolutely do not want to risk. A guy down the road from me nearly lost a case because he hung some rail and a crack head decided to get him one of those ambulance chasers from a tv commercial.   

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)