AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ideas for cleaning out Hagie Wet Boom
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/1/2024 05:43 (#10794125 - in reply to #10794034)
Subject: RE: Ideas for cleaning out Hagie Wet Boom

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
tileplow - 6/30/2024 22:41

1/4 turn valves work great for me, clean water in tank, turn on sprayer and go do the boom turning each individual valve on for about ten seconds go to the next saves taking anything off or apart, also nothing to lose. I’ve had atrazine sludge come out of the end of the boom between the last nozzle and end of boom, only way to get anything like this out is to flush ends of the boom.

This was exactly our procedure and observations when removing the end caps except we don't have the 1/4 turn valves yet. This was the very reason for this post.

We had nasty looking atrazine sludge come out the end the boom which was deadheaded between the last nozzle and the end of the boom. We also felt it necessary to flush it out the end of each section.

As mentioned this worked OK for us but required a fair amount of time to remove 12 end caps and then replace them.

My thought was to use some type of easily removable cap to avoid the potential problems with a 1/4 turn valve.

Again thanks for all the replies. This again shows the various solutions to a real or perceived problem. Maybe our concerns about flushing are not warranted. Maybe the atrazine sludge would just remain deadheaded at the end of the boom sections and not cause any problems.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)