AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Double Rotary Rake
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Cmhay84
Posted 7/1/2024 23:11 (#10795382 - in reply to #10793636)
Subject: RE: Double Rotary Rake

That rake from new Holland is a cheap made rake. There’s a reason you only paid 20000 for it. You’ll have a bunch of down time lost hay and repair bills very soon on it. I had a vicon which makes the new Holland rake just like yours. Constantly breaking every 30-80 acres. Broke bolts on rear rotor to frame 10 times. Even had a rep out looked at it torque bolts to correct torque and all the correct hardware used 32 acres broke them again. Cracked front rotor housing hitch broke numerous of arms just bend for no reason. Before you say operator there was 2 other rakes sold at same time in same area all had same issues. They sold them one for claas rake that put two windrows in to center never Amy issues. I sold mine got a mchale 68-78 center delivery it’s raked way over 10000 acres of wet triticale rye to wet hay to dry hay to straw the last 3.5 years I’ve had with zero issues and zero down time. No parts have been replace other then couple flat tires It’s built 3-4 times heavier than that vicon aka new Holland rotor rake was. I’m warning you better look at trading it before it starts falling apart and letting you down with hay on ground.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)