AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Rain
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

SWMustang
Posted 7/3/2024 08:26 (#10796763 - in reply to #10796648)
Subject: RE: Pictures please?

SW MN
I drove from the SW corner of MN up to Grand Rapids last weekend, and took 2 different routes to get a bit more observation in. I saw some corn by Sebeka that was about V2-V3. I saw replanted corn in the SW part that was just poking out of the ground. Water ponding and drown outs were evident until you got past Granite Falls, then spottier the further north you went. Uneven corn and beans the whole way. Lots of yellow crop. I did see some nice looking potatoes though, but that that is irrigated sand. Best looking crops I saw were on sand, as the deluge of rain didn't really affect it much. Wonder if the N will be an issue though later on. I saw one field were I was impressed with its consistency and size. Most corn looks to be hip high or shorter from the road. I am normally Y dropping this time of the year trying to get it done before it gets too tall for the sprayer. Won't be an issue this year. We need heat and sun to move this crop along. Having to wear a sweatshirt or jacket at 5 for a baseball game on July 1st is not normal. Hit 67 for the high that day.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)