AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven 460 manual rate control
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/3/2024 11:25 (#10796960 - in reply to #10796821)
Subject: RE: Raven 460 manual rate control

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
You are confused on several issues. I will try to explain some of this.

You mention that you are trying to use the UP and DOWN arrow keys (first two buttons) to change the rate in Manual. This is INCORRECT. The purpose of the UP and DOWN arrow keys is to allow you to enter the boom widths for up to seven boom sections. With the original Raven 440, it only worked with 3 sections so Button 1 was to enter the width of Section 1, Button 2 was to enter the width of section 2, Button 3 was to enter the width of section 3.

When Raven went to the 450, 460, 660 etc. they needed a way to allow the user to enter in more than 3 widths. If you push the 3rd button, the display should show a boom section number and its current width in inches. If you push the UP arrow key, the display should show the next boom section number and its current width in inches This will allow you to "go round the horn" to check that the boom widths entered are correct. The DOWN arrow key allows you to go "round the horn" the other direction.

The UP and DOWN arrows keys have no effect on the Manual spray rate or flow.

If you wish to control the rate manually, put the Rate 1/Rate 2/MAN switch in MAN. Then you should be able to increase/decrease the flow/pressure with the INCrease/DECrease switch.

In automatic just sitting still and in either Rate 1 or Rate 2, the system should try to reduce the pressure since you are not moving. If you would put the system in a self-test speed and then try Rate 1 or Rate 2, the system should try to adjust the flow so that the rate comes out correctly.

I am assuming you are using a Raven motorized control valve in the product line. A picture would confirm this. If so, unplug the two pin connector going to the green and yellow wires. Put a meter between the green and yellow wires and set the meter to VDC. With the 460 ON, Master ON, at least one section ON and the Rate 1/Rate 2/MAN switch set to manual, check the voltage between the green and yellow wires. The voltage should show zero. Then push and hold the INC/DEC switch UP, you should see +12V or -12V depending on how you have attached the probes. Release the INC/DEC switch, the voltage should return to zero. Then push and hold the INC/DEC switch DOWN, you should again see -12V or +12V (the opposite of before).

To test the control valve. use a separate 12VDC battery. Connect the battery to the motorized control valve. The motor should start running and turn until the internal limit switch is hit. Then reverse the wires, the motor should start running and turn the other direction and eventually stop when it hits that limit switch. Going from one extreme to the other should take 8 seconds.

I would manually close down the agitation during these tests since if the agitation is open too wide, there may not be enough flow left to run the booms.

Check the Area/hr and the Vol/min buttons on the lower row. These are very helpful for troubleshooting.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)