AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Combine Access and Utility Poles
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

JRCS Farms
Posted 7/4/2024 00:06 (#10797633 - in reply to #10797631)
Subject: RE: Combine Access and Utility Poles

Northern Indiana
As far as I can tell by reading what he wrote, he wants them to hang the wires high enough to meet the minimum standard and give him enough clearance in the process. There are standards for a reason.
To the OP, work with them but be forceful. We had the same thing happen along a few of our fields last year. First we contacted the company and they said “well you have access to fiber internet now so you should be happy.” But when I pointedly let them know I still don’t have access at my house because they didn’t think my road was worth the cost and I didn’t care about their wires they agreed to come look it over. We had installed wood supports under the wires in the middle of the space between each set of poles to gain clearance for the grain cart and had done the same at 2 other field entrances so we could get into the fields. It was obvious they were way too low when the guy came out. Ended up raising their wires for over a mile along the field and raised them at both field entrances for us as well. Part of me still wishes I had ripped a few down but that wouldn’t have helped me in dealing with them.
Which gets another peeve of mine going. Access points for buried phone lines around here drive me nuts. Lots of boxes that have been completely trashed by cars going off the road and the road mowing crews but no one fixes them. If they aren’t in service come clean them up and remove them, if they’re in service maintain the stuff. Just galls me
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)