AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pick a Chem Program Contest (just kidding)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Deltamudd
Posted 7/4/2024 11:01 (#10798066 - in reply to #10798010)
Subject: RE: Pick a Chem Program Contest (just kidding)

I’ve looked over years worth of google searches on agtalk (just doing research before spraying every year) and what I’ve come up with is metribuzin yellow and prbly zidua or valor mixed in. I think met and yellow would work well preplant of course and then post it with zidua. One pass I could get away with it depending on how narrow rows are. But I’m on 38’s and one pass isn’t realistic with wide rows like that. Especially here in the delta

I sprayed valor tho before planting and then used zidua later.

A lot would depend on rates as well. And I don’t think people realize, as poster above pointed out, how much damage can actually be done by chemical. Spray a bunch of residual on one pass and put absolutely none in another just before planting and just spray it with round/dicamba to kill what’s there and then spray when the weeds get bad and see which one takes off faster and grows better. If you could just afford to keep spraying roundup really ,( too many dicamba 24d passes I think hurt the tolerant beans) it’d be a lot better. There comes a point when weeds get thick and if you don’t fight them all the way back they just continue spreading seed and the seed bank explodes but I rarely see weeds being a limiting factor and more often see chemical damage as limiting growth around here. Weeds are under control. Even raggedy fields get cleaned up fairly well with one late strong pass

Edited by Deltamudd 7/4/2024 11:11
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)