AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thank you all for participating
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Sheep Farmer
Posted 7/5/2024 06:00 (#10798988 - in reply to #10798873)
Subject: RE: Thank you all for participating

Northwest Iowa
I have never commented to your posts but always thought you had some grip on being able to take off what I call the “farmer hat” and not be biased as a whole in what you see out the back door. I agree 100% with you that people don’t need rain every week like they perceive to have gang buster good stuff. None of us realize the genetics and for that matter how our farming practices have gotten better to help minimize yield loss’s.

However you say on 4th of July that everything is absolutely made and nothing can effect it on large scale? That is bold statement! I’m in NW Iowa, we look great, 2 week forecast looks great but who really knows what august and beyond looks like. Last Sunday they said we had rain Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday. 1-3” total for the week. We don’t need it right now but we had .25 pry all week. What I’m saying is truthfully nobody knows what weather will do 48 hours out let alone 48 days out. Absolutely zero rain from here on out would take us, as a whole, under aph but I do believe above national avg yet, we are so fortunate on our dirt.

I am not bullish like you allude to but seems like your using never and always statements on this weather. I guess I think a lot can change yet, good or bad for that matter. We sit pretty good as a whole but there is 90 days of weather that stand between now and seeing the end result.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)