AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Started corn harvest today
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Larry_minn
Posted 7/5/2024 13:21 (#10799414 - in reply to #10799396)
Subject: RE: Started corn harvest today

Cwifarmer - 7/6/2024 11:59

Hammer down boys!! Stay safe! Hopefully you guys can get most of it in before the weather hits good luck to you guys!

We are still 4 months out for corn harvest here most of our corn is shoulder high about to throw tassles. But there is ALOT of ankle to knee high in the same row on alot of farms lots of drowned out spots. Been a wet year but not complaining after last year most of our soils drain pretty well.

Common sense says the crop is not there on alot of ground! What's the deal with market prices do they want us to go under? I don't get it

Yes a lot of areas have water @5+ acres around a tile inlet. With ducks swimming. *ok that was few days back likely half the size pond* but no crop there. Well drained areas almost waist high corn in places. Soybeans IMO look poor in +80% of fields I see from road. Beans look like they did +2 weeks ago. But my lawn must be mowed every 3rd day. I am so glad I talked wife out of fertilizing it.
I sold one bin in *winter* it was 16-17.6% started on much dryer bin month back. $4.23. Thought it would improve. Couple loads $4.14 felt bad, but. Then wanted to get stuff moved so 2 loads $4.04. Now I am upset I did not finish bin at $4.04. *or lock it all in $4.23. After $6.21 April 2023 that’s bad.

tedbear - 7/6/2024 05:49

Larry, you must be in a different part of the State of Minnesota than I. We have had tremendous rains and have lots of "drowned out" spots. The areas that are still alive vary tremendously. Our outlook is very grim. Some of my "water" helped lead to the demise of the Rapidan Dam.

It’s all over. Most of my corn is behind, but should be ok across field. Maybe 5 acres total drowned out. Did bit of tiling last decade that helped. But some areas. Just not decent drop. I am look8ng at mov8ng corn, trying to hold onto it in hopes of better price.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)