AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Making own Biologicals
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Iron Archer
Posted 7/5/2024 20:19 (#10799723 - in reply to #10799260)
Subject: RE: Making own Biologicals

South Eastern VA
44-26 - 7/5/2024 19:11

just seeing if there was anyone out there doing it with much luck! It’s the hot thing in ag right now and i was assuming some different biologists were cheap and easy enough to make on your own! we use a lot of hog manure and strip till as well.

Something that is really easy to make is compost tea.

The easy/less labor intensive way to make it is a chemical tote or some other water tank is take a holding device (paint strainer bag) to put in the tank with a bubble maker (fish tank) running for a couple days. You can use compost or manure to put in the bag, add molasses as a sugar source.

So your are basically making your own microbes to make a liquid to add to the soil or spray it on the plants.

It's easy to do BUT would need to do it a lot to cover lots of acres. In my garden it works great and anyone that has ever had veggies from my garden has made the comment they are way way better than they have ever tried.

It has ALWAYS made a huge and visible difference during droughts or when we've had so much rain the ground has no oxygen from being under water.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)