AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Magnum 290 autosteer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

c_mayer
Posted 7/6/2024 08:30 (#10800121 - in reply to #10799864)
Subject: RE: Magnum 290 autosteer

Jeffersonville, OH
jicasedeere - 7/5/2024 23:34

I posted in machinery talk about the problems I am having with the autosteer in my magnum 290. They pointed me in the right direction, but I have an additional questions that hopefully can get answered here. I know that I need to update the steering valve on the firewall from the original 30l valve to the new 50l valve. I read on the combine forum about some hydraulic valve under the cab, next to the rear RH tires that should be updated as well?? I can't find this part anywhere online but rumor has it that it's around $5k?? Apparently with a class V suspended front axle, it needs more hyd. flow than from factory. I guess Deere ILS tractors have this same hydraulic valve?? Thanks!

You need to find a CIH dealer that knows what they are doing and can look up this information for you.

What I read about was a SPOOL that needs to be changed...a Spool is part of a valve. I'm sure there is a service bulletin or whatever CNH calls them on it.

I have a friend who is a NH tech looking for the complete bulletin to do your dealers job for them. Will report back with what he finds, he remembered something about it.

Chris

Edited by c_mayer 7/6/2024 08:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)