AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Using Ag Leader 7500 receiver on 6130 combine with pro 700
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 7/7/2024 08:08 (#10801178 - in reply to #10800364)
Subject: RE: Using Ag Leader 7500 receiver on 6130 combine with pro 700

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
1666guy - 7/6/2024 11:37

You HAVE to have a mobile logging cable, not a regular dual port cable. A regular dual port cable is used when the 7500 is connected to an Ag Leader display. When using the 7500 with a non Ag Leader display (your case, pro 700), it will need to be powered externally since it isn’t connected to a DB9 serial port on an Ag Leader display cable has that’s pinned to power a receiver. It will say mobile logging on the PN tag. What display do you have? You can configure the 7500 on your phone, but I prefer to do it on a display instead. It has to be powered on and the WIFI password must be entered to connect to it.

I agree with 1666guy's explanation. The proper way to power your 7500 is with the dual port mobile logging cable which has a branch for power/ground in.

I had need this year to use an Ag Leader 6500 for speed only for a Raven 450. I happened to have a dual port cable that was no longer being used and was available for this new project. The cable is the same as what would be used with a 7500.

I had the same problem as you would have with that cable. My cable has the two DB 9 branches and a 2 pin speed out branch. The expectation with that cable is that 12V power and ground will be coming in from the Ag Leader display cable. Since no Ag Leader display or display cable would be involved in this project, the GPS would not be receiving power/ground.

Since I wanted to reuse my cable, I added a branch to it. I literally spliced a red wire and a black wire on to the proper wires in my cable. This pair of wires were connected to a 2 pole Weather Pack connector for an alternative power/ground source in. In my case neither DB 9 is connected to anything but a mating Weather Pack connector brings 12V and ground in and the speed out branch is connected to the Raven speed input connector.

This works fine but is only practical if one happens to have a dual port cable lying about. If you need to purchase a cable anyway, just purchase the dual mobile logging cable which will have the power/ground in branch built in.

Edited by tedbear 7/8/2024 06:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)