AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

opinions wanted
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

jdironman
Posted 7/7/2024 08:12 (#10801185 - in reply to #10800950)
Subject: RE: opinions wanted

Nw Iowa
I know you do Boone, a lot of us work hard to get to a point where you have financial freedom, takes a lot of stress away, and God willing are happy doing what we like. I have seen a lot of people retire with great expectations, take a few trips talk about their hobby’s and two or three years alter read their obituary. I also think that in todays world 63 or 65 is pretty young for most and if they can farm or run their business while bringing in or at least coaching or mentoring a younger generation, both advancing the younger generation and probably making the older generations life easier it is a big win for both. The older person has to be willing though to slowly turn over the reins. It doesn’t work if older generation wants to make every decision till they die.
If you go to a job that you hate, retirement can’t come fast enough and I understand that. I also see a lot of young working people ( and some old ones) put so much effort into what they are doing on their weekends, that it just enslaves them longer to a job they hate. Their brief pictures on Facebook to outdo one another is kind of shallow. The people I see take control over their spending and their time are usually much happier and much more financially independent. Sorry a bit of rant.
Edit Boone other than agreeing with you, none of post directed at you. Sounds like you have done a good job of not only being in charge of your financial side but turning things over to your family but still be active in something that keeps you thinking and doing.

Edited by jdironman 7/7/2024 08:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)