AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any new eplants I
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

w1891
Posted 7/7/2024 09:05 (#10801263 - in reply to #10801222)
Subject: RE: Any new eplants I

S Illinois
No new ones that I know of.

As to the rail market to the SE, that's a breakeven proposition as its a very competitive market and dealing with train scheduling can be a nightmare. Would go further east than the heart of IL into IN, OH, KY for that business to be more steady. Railing corn from the the SE 1/4 of IL works sometimes but it is not a home run as the rivers are right there and there are just enough e-plants to provide a demand base to keep bids honest. Right now country elevators in IL are bidding a tick under what it would cost to get the grain to the e-plants or the river. Bushels flow to those country rail facilities as farmers prefer 5-6 loads a day instead of 2-3 loads a day even if those 2-3 loads gain a couple pennies in net price. Then a significant amount of that corn dumped at those country rail elevators gets trucked right back out to the ethanol plants. What drives great IL corn basis is a good export bid. Makes everyone raise their bids then. The SE feed market is more of an opportunistic avenue for grain than driver at least in IL. Somewhat similar to the feed market in the west. IL corn will go that direction but only if there isn't another place for it to go.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)