AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why does honeybee airflex require lateral tilt?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ry0972
Posted 7/7/2024 12:39 (#10801515 - in reply to #10800513)
Subject: RE: Why does honeybee airflex require lateral tilt?

central sask
I run 2 HB AirFlex headers, a 40' with an AWS airbar and a 45'.
Depending on what crops you are harvesting IF you have VERY flat land I think the adapter would maybe float enough the header to do a decent job.
For cereals and flax, canola etc where you would be running in rigid mode you would have no trouble.
In soybeans, Lentils peas or a drought crop of SHORT wheat or barley you will need lateral tilt to make the header follow the ground to maximize the 9" of cutterbar travel/float so it stays running on the ground but not having the cutterbar dropped to max making the transition tin the steepest incline.
Older grainbelts used the rear gauge wheel assemblies to tilt the header in the adapter to follow the ground.
I think the AirFlex does an amazing job in lentils and peas and we also used it last fall on our semi dwarf wheat that due to drought was 4 to 8" tall in places!!
So the combination of the AirFlex cutter bar cutting right on the ground and the AWS air bar blowing the heads up onto the canvas we were able to get all the heads into the combine.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)