AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sharing experience in evolving Liberty Enlist Waterhemp Palmer Battle
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

scoot
Posted 7/7/2024 19:51 (#10802035)
Subject: Sharing experience in evolving Liberty Enlist Waterhemp Palmer Battle

NE Nebraska
Last two years for me have been that point where everything works until it doesn’t. I’ve been getting to know Palmer, or whatever hybridized version from hell it is. I’ve talked to a lot of neighbors and done a lot of reading on Agtalk and Facebook pages. I’m seeing and hearing comments that often conflict about what has been working. Enlist/Liberty was supposedly lights out. Maybe that was last year and now it’s Enlist/Liberty/Roundup that is supposedly lights out. So what’s it gonna next year? So far I’ve honestly had my best luck with just 40oz of Liberty, 3.3# AMS, 20 gal H2O, 60-65psi with AIXR tips. It was mid 80s temp and decent humidity which has been a rare occurrence lately. My attempts at the Enlist Liberty combo have been mixed. It’s like the Liberty didn’t get a chance to burn after the plant sniffed out the Enlist and went into pissed off mode. Some neighbors appear to be having decent results with Liberty/Gly and some snake oil I will be asking about. Rye covers can help but that’s not always perfect in my area either. We can throw so many pre chems at it that the beans don’t grow, or so much money that they don’t cash flow. I’m kind of just venting because I don’t see an easy way out of this problem right now. If something worked for you this year, there’s a chance next year there will be a surprise.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)