AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Raven 460 manual rate control
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ccjersey
Posted 7/7/2024 22:32 (#10802311 - in reply to #10796821)
Subject: It’s a Miracle!

Faunsdale, AL
I don’t know what I did other than to get all the sludge cleaned out of the filters (6 TIMES) until I got the approx 300 gallons of mixed preemerge out of it, but yesterday I attempted to set a pressure with the bypass/relief valve I had installed and found out that would not work at all! Couldn’t get pressure below 100 psi at any normal operating rpm!

So I finally figured out how to set 10 mph self test speed and noticed it regulated the pressure at a normal 40-ish psi. One thing I did do was get the speed calibration set so the 460 display speed matched the gps speed during operation. It had never been closer than 10% since I have had the machine. Input type was correctly set to SP-2 I think it was.

Anyway, with no way to make it work manually, I took it out with just water, set the rate and it worked well. Sprayed 5 loads and got caught up. Gallons used matches acres covered very closely, so I’m happy.

Thanks everyone! I know more about how the system works now, but I still don’t know what changed. I can’t see how plugging filters could cause rate to more than quadruple unless the throttling valve was just getting stuck.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)