AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any new or old info on AGCO forcing dealers to choose equipment lines?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

c_mayer
Posted 7/8/2024 07:20 (#10802545 - in reply to #10800436)
Subject: RE: Any new or old info on AGCO forcing dealers to choose equipment lines?

Jeffersonville, OH
bill7120 - 7/6/2024 14:38

when we were running our massy combine 2 dealers said demo had to come from the company, case dealer got a us a demo of a 7230 40ft head, 2 dealers finally told us well its gonna be here runningi told both dealers they are gonna buy one they are die hard green, 1 said well they wanted to run one had it for 3 days, i was told to go there and run one for a little bit, i said i want it on my farm. Never did demo one told both dealers let agco know why we switched, one said they wont care i hate to tell you that, and he was right. weve had more demos from case anymore. I did get to demo i think a 9770 it was a nice combine that was when they first came out. from acgo we have got nothing. i still say they screwed up with getting rid of MF the massys that were here all went case,

Bill

BS. Demo's come from dealer inventory, not from AGCO...now, sure, if dealer hasn't ordered anything for demo/stock for years, maybe they could find something AGCO can demo...but if a dealer wants to demo machinery, they need to stock something to demo.

If they aren't stocking anything, not sure how they expect to sell anything.

I have 3 S9 Gleaners on the lot right now, any of them are available for demo...plus 4 used machines, which are easier to demo as well...they are ALL my combines for all intents and purposes, not AGCO's even if they are on their inventory. I signed for them until they are sold, paid for, or transferred to another dealer.

Your dealer wasn't telling you the whole truth in my opinion...they were telling you they don't like stocking equipment to demo is what I think. Something tells me it's one of the dealer that took exception to me telling them AGCO didn't kill the MF combine, dealers and customers did.
Chris
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)