AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Any new or old info on AGCO forcing dealers to choose equipment lines?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

c_mayer
Posted 7/8/2024 10:47 (#10802786 - in reply to #10800436)
Subject: RE: Any new or old info on AGCO forcing dealers to choose equipment lines?

Jeffersonville, OH
bill7120 - 7/6/2024 14:38

when we were running our massy combine 2 dealers said demo had to come from the company, case dealer got a us a demo of a 7230 40ft head, 2 dealers finally told us well its gonna be here runningi told both dealers they are gonna buy one they are die hard green, 1 said well they wanted to run one had it for 3 days, i was told to go there and run one for a little bit, i said i want it on my farm. Never did demo one told both dealers let agco know why we switched, one said they wont care i hate to tell you that, and he was right. weve had more demos from case anymore. I did get to demo i think a 9770 it was a nice combine that was when they first came out. from acgo we have got nothing. i still say they screwed up with getting rid of MF the massys that were here all went case,

Bill

Sitting here talking about this post with my Brother, and I had another thought on this...stuff like this ticks me off.

Your dealer took a giant dump all over AGCO, and you are blaming AGCO for it, when the reality is not that AGCO doesn't care, though it may be partially true, it's not 100% fact. The other reality is what I said in the first post, AGCO does not supply demo machines to dealers in NORMAL scenarios...possibly if it's a new model and supply is very limited, but otherwise, all on the dealer to be aggressive and have machines to demo.

Of course if you wanted to demo a MF combine, depending on what year that was, supply was very limited because dealers/customers stopped ordering them in any numbers after about 2017

Chris
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)