AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

6.7 ford diesel fuel mileage.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

CUBE
Posted 7/9/2024 06:20 (#10803667 - in reply to #10803190)
Subject: RE: 6.7 ford diesel fuel mileage.

Dodge County, WI
Deleted 2012 SRW 2lF250
Best I've seen is 20 mpg on a long two lane trip out in MN keeping below 65mph. When I picked up the 1500# of parts that fit innthe back, which didn't catch any extra wind, and drove back, it got 17.

Normal highway speeds around 70-75 it's going to be 15-18mpg depending on wind.
Haven't pulled heavy for long enough distances to get you a real number, but 5 place enclosed snowmobile trailer, 9-11 at 75mph, 11-13 at 60mph
Took a long trip with the family and a pop up out to SD, it got 15.6.

MPG really takes a hit when you go between 55mph and 75-80 mph. Some guys think highway is 55-60, for me it isn't a highway till I'm going over 70. I think this is where we get all these different MPG reports.

I had it before it was Deleted and tuned, and the tuning mayyybe gained it .5-1 mpg better, disappointed really for what all the deleting fan boys tell you they heard "their cousin" got when he got rid of emissions.
When someone talks to me about how their big diesel truck gets any number over 22 mpg "highway " I just politely nod and agree, but honestly, hp takes BTU and the laws of physics won't be denied. Newer trucks aren't really much more efficient than the old ones

Bem

Edited by CUBE 7/9/2024 06:24
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)