AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Excel worksheet for herbicide batches
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Mark in NEMO
Posted 7/9/2024 12:40 (#10804078)
Subject: Excel worksheet for herbicide batches

Northeast Missouri
I posted a version of this worksheet earlier, and this late in the season nobody may care, but I've updated it to specifically include a simple batch mix calculator: enter acres, select products from dropdown lists, enter the application rate for each product, and the result is a list of products and the quantity of each to use in the batch.

It's entirely free to download, use, and modify as you like. The nifty thing about it ("as slick as deer guts on the back porch step!") is that it shows the quantities in any units of measure (UOMs) you want.

* If you meter a product from an IBC tote, you probably want the quantity displayed in gallons to two decimal places.

* If you buy it in 2 1/2 gallon jugs, you might prefer to see quantities for that product in gallons, quarts, pints, and ounces.

* Or maybe you measure it with a big plastic pitcher that has ounce markings on the side, so you want quantities shown in just gallons and ounces.

The point is that you can configure each product to show batch quantities in whatever UOMs you want.

Setup involves entering products on a tab along with reference data for each product--including conversion factors for the UOMs you want. For instance, if you specify the application rate in ounces, the conversion factor to gallons is 128, or to quarts is 32, pints is 16, etc. Once you've entered setup information for a product, from then on you select it from a dropdown list to get it into an application record or a batch mix ticket. (Basically you select a product and enter an application rate for it, and everything else is calculated for you.)

My original goal was a worksheet to keep application records with a minimum of typing/data entry, and the workbook still has a tab for that too.

The worksheet is a free download hosted on Milligan Creek Ag's site. The download page is:

https://www.mcreekag.com/downloads.html

I need to work on a Google Sheets version of at least the batch mix ticket part, to use on my tablet (so I don't have to pay for Excel there)....but who knows when that will happen!

EDIT: the batch ticket image shows a "nonsense" batch (many different products and application rates) ...just to show some UOM possibilities.

Edited by Mark in NEMO 7/9/2024 12:42

(pestrecordbatchvariety (full).jpg)

(pestrecord2 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments pestrecordbatchvariety (full).jpg (104KB - 41 downloads)
Attachments pestrecord2 (full).jpg (92KB - 35 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)