AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Liberty without AMS?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 7/10/2024 06:07 (#10805000 - in reply to #10804710)
Subject: RE: Liberty without AMS?

Chebanse, IL.....

Cole Trickle

Great points, thank you.

First, I'd say if one can't lift 50# bags, then there's probably a physical problem. Not sure who here can't lift 50# bags. We don't do it routinely, but reweighting our pulling tractors with 100# suitcase weights is often a summertime exercise here. But that's not a daily thing. Has nothing to do with AMS. Scooping corn & bean bins is also good exercise.

Willingness to learn? Not sure what that means. Yes, we (not just me) have learned that we started with 51# AMS bags in the mid '70s, then went to making our own liquid AMS by mixing spray grade granular in 51# bags with specified amount of water. Did that a few  years. Then tried a liquid AMS (NOT a substitute AMS) and liked using it. Now have used it for a few years. Kind of like fertilizer. My first recollection of fertilizer was 80# bags. Then we went to 50# paper bags for the planter, then later plastic bags. Then, went to liquid. I guess it was because we were getting old & unwilling to learn? That was in 1970. Seed corn & beans? 56# & 60# bags forever...then generally smaller corn bags & bulk beans. Now all pro-boxes. I don't think the market forced the willingness to learn. I suspect some on AT are still using 50# bags of fertilizer for the planter.

Yes, proof of a good willingness to learn. Is that what you meant? I don't really think it's uncommon for people to "learn" an easier way, then adopt it. 

Spraying is a relaxing easy job, I think. Maybe it's not supposed to be. In no way is 75 too old to work.
Oh, and for those that have shown succession concern....we have much younger people also working on our farm.
And, for those that still don't understand, we use AMS with Liberty & other products. We no longer use spray grade granular AMS however. We do NOT use an AMS substitute.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)