AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Air Space
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Big Ben
Posted 7/10/2024 17:22 (#10805734 - in reply to #10805217)
Subject: RE: Air Space

Columbia Basin, Ephrata, WA
MiradaAcres - 7/10/2024 06:57

Might want to check again.  Agricultural Aircraft Operations are allowed less than 500ft to persons, vessels, vehicles, and structurs if the operations are conducted without creating a hazard to persons or property on the surface.  Cattle fleeing from a flying helicopter can become injured which is a hazard to property on the surface.  Rusty6 did say his cattle are nowhere to be found so now the helicopter forced is cattle out of a place of safety and into potentially hazardous situations which would also be a violation in the USA.

Are they nowhere to be found, or just in the trees where they can’t be seen? Did they flee, was anything damaged?

We’re back to the same “limitations of experience” that I got into with sparrel.

Might not be relevant, but did the pilot even know they were there? As others have suggested, a simple phone call or two making people aware of the cows might solve this for the future.

Either way, I’m sticking to my original answer that Rusty is being too picky. Even if there’s damages, he can just pursue compensation for that and leave the pickiness at home. If it costs enough they won’t spray there anymore. Rusty might get to be one of “those neighbors”, but I guess that’s his choice to make.

Edited by Big Ben 7/10/2024 17:34
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)