AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Troubleshooting Navien tankless water heater?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

kipps
Posted 7/10/2024 19:48 (#10805869)
Subject: Troubleshooting Navien tankless water heater?

Madison Co. Virginia
I installed a used npe-240s2 last winter, used the conversion kit to convert it from NG to LP, and it's worked flawlessly since. But now, I hear the unit cycling on and off every 10 seconds or so while heating water. It still produces hot water just fine, but the flow rate varies with that cycling. I opened the valve on a second LP tank to make sure it had enough LP supply, but there was no difference. The only error codes are from a few months ago when I installed it(blocked exhaust, incorrect fuel settings, etc).

Where do I start with troubleshooting this thing? Is there any option other than calling a service tech? I can't imagine any service tech will be thrilled to work on a heater they didn't install, and I've had one company tell me that already.

Honestly, I had hoped it would keep working for a few years, and by the time I have trouble with it, there should be a healthy online forum community about troubleshooting info for these Navien npe heaters. I just didn't expect trouble this quick, and I'm not finding much online at all.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)