AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Air Space
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Ron..NE ILL..10/48
Posted 7/11/2024 06:08 (#10806174 - in reply to #10805653)
Subject: RE: Air Space

Chebanse, IL.....

Massey 1155

This thread is about an aircraft possibly flying too low an altitude while making a turn to spray a field that doesn't belong to the poster. 

So, you say if it can't be done correctly, it needs to be done with a ground rig or drone. What would "correctly" be for aerial application flight pattern and turns? Altitude & proximity?

Re. drones....some on Ag Talk have declared them an annoyance and they would be shot down on sight. They are now fair game for annoyances also. Your thoughts?

Re. physical spray drift on your family members. That's not good. I assume that did happen to you? How did you follow up? What was the outcome?

I'd also be willing to bet that the highest percentage of drift complaints within my state (IL) come from ground sprayers.

Re. "calling ahead". Is that really practical in today's environment? Again it might be different in your part of the country, or Rusty's, but here in NE IL any field may be adjoined on 4 sides by 4 different "neighbors", or more. Any crop sprayer would probably spray 10+ different fields in one day. So, they'd have to contact 40+ neighbors? In my part of the country, very few if anyone has listed phone numbers any longer. Phone books are history. So, you contact them how? As you know, there are some days you can spray, some that you can't. Sometimes you can spray only a few hours. If you have a field on a list to do and the weather is right (wind/rain) your spray list may be altered instantly with no time to advise anyone except the pilot.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)