AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere Should Listen, Not Blame Corn Prices
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tommyw-5088
Posted 7/11/2024 13:03 (#10806669 - in reply to #10806646)
Subject: RE: John Deere Should Listen, Not Blame Corn Prices

Texas
CMN - 7/11/2024 12:42

Farmers should quit blaming Deere, we have done it to ourselves by creating a demand.

It never ceases to amaze me how needlessly complicated and expensive simple processes like driving a tractor across a field, planting, spraying, and drying grain have been made. Most of the high tech trinkets/machinery being marketed today as being "needed" to earn farmers more profit and make farmers more efficient, have not earned farmers more profit, be more efficient, and for darn sure have not made farmers more self reliant at the end of the year...quite the opposite.

I should add that I do not consider needing to run ever more acres to justify the initial cost, maintenance, and repair/upkeep of high tech trinkets/machinery while barely maintaining a current lifestyle as being more efficient. Extended low grain prices will prove how needless most of the high tech trinkets/machinery being marketed to farmers today really are to earn more profit...and a "better" lifestyle.

Speed and pressure the concept has not changed. The sprayer my grandpa built out of two repurposed 55 gallon drums and a repurposed two wheel trailer killed weeds and was just as accurate as the highest tech sprayer on the market today. All he had to do to be more efficient was upgrade to more 55 gallon drums, extend the boom, and upgrade the pump, no electronics or yearly subscription required..."it's not what you make it's what you don't spend."

No more true words ever spoken . I learned how to spray with speed and pressure when I was about 13 . And who would thought the entire state was farmed with 1086”s and 4440”s . The BYO”s had a 4840 . We literally planted 1000 acres every year , 1 - 6 row 40” planter . It was a plate planter .
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)