AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Another ??? Follow-up to Killing Trees and Brush Below
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

iknow
Posted 7/14/2024 11:53 (#10810551 - in reply to #10804351)
Subject: Same question on locust trees

Hello. Have some fields that we have been fallowing and have a good start of locust trees. The renter didnt do anything, now we have some nice sized trees/bush's.
It is the kind that has suckers that comes up.
so...how to control....don't want to really kill the brome they are growing in, but if needed........
They will have to be cut out with some sort of equipment, way too big to mow.
I've seen glyphos, my new fellow wants to use remedy and spray the trees....don't know how long that will take.
Then others say tordon.....or I've seen arsenel mentioned....then another option was to sray the while field with remedy via plane, then next spring, burn to get the trees.

We are also now having the same problem with a couple of pastures, the trees are taking over and the renters had no interest in doing anything. They expected me to spend $25 an acre for the spray plane, when I only charge $30 for the pasture...it used to be I supplied the chemical, you did the rest....Getting very tired of the attitude of people that rent the ground...Hey, it might be an asset, but when I have to spend more than it brings in, from chemical, water systems (water wells are $60 a foot now) and taxes, and then they holler like a ruptured monkey about the pasture rates. Funny their inactions have cost me the loss of income on 60 acres of farm ground, due to the tree issue. Just too busy to do it, then when it gets out of hand, oh that's your problem.

Thanks for listening
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)