AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fungicide
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

AGB
Posted 7/17/2024 08:37 (#10814736 - in reply to #10813898)
Subject: RE: Fungicide

Mid-Michigan
The responses to your question is interesting. The nice thing about farming is you can do what you want when you want. I personally spray when I detect a problem. 4 years ago, I detected tar spot. I didn't even know really what it was until my pioneer guy showed me. He even helped me with my dekalb fields. I sprayed all my fields (had to hire it done as I have a pull-type sprayer). I made sure that the sprayer ran short of chemical. That year, I saw a 30 bu. Return. It was a very smart move that year. Since then, I have sprayed a little even though I saw no disease pressure. Complete waste of money unless you add stalk strength to the equation (no question the corn stood better), but did not cover Chem and app costs. I personally am not spraying for the hell of it. I guess I'm being reactive to the health of my checkbook instead of proactive). I'm going to scout carefully but I see nothing out there at this time. With the exception of the year where tarspot was bad in my area, I've never seen the bushel gains like some guys have stated. Must just be where I farm.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)