AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fungicide
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

WIJDW
Posted 7/17/2024 09:10 (#10814779 - in reply to #10814736)
Subject: RE: Fungicide

So got most the corn planted early mid-April, then had a dry June, about 1" total with the biggest rain 0.3" that month, with the corn starting tasseling around June 20th. Even though July has been wetter and more humid, the corn leaves still look pretty clean and it's been at brown silk for around a couple weeks now. I do select varieties with good GLS and tar spot tolerance, but not sure how good the tar spot tolerance really is.
When we got hit hard with tar spot 4 years ago for the 1st time, a very susceptible new release hybrid yielded 180 while just by chance varieties that had decent tolerance were around the 240's, but if I remember right, the tar spot arrived later in the season.
I also add a cheap fung. when I post spray herb. Also have quite a bit of timber type fields not great for optimum plane spraying. So this year not spraying the corn, and yes the lower corn price/prospects was a factor in that decision, but more so the relative health of the corn leaves.
Not the normal amount of spraying visible in my area, N. Hancock Co. Ill., but maybe I'm just not seeing it as much with the drones trending gains in that market.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)