AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Central A/C and furnace replacement
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Granary
Posted 7/25/2024 11:32 (#10825616 - in reply to #10814390)
Subject: RE: Central A/C and furnace replacement

Central Western VA Mountains
We installed a Carrier forced air natural gas furnace a couple of years ago, along with all new duct work. When they installed the system, I had them size an AC coil and install it in the duct work, along with condensation drain/trap. For whatever reason we did not go forward with the AC unit until a few weeks ago. Our AC coil was R410A and come to find out (so I’m told), this is the last year you can buy a new R410A condensing unit.

Everything is now installed. It is all Carrier, but not the most tech system. The installer we bought from, who we trust, pointed us to a slightly lesser unit - more simple on the electronics, but still high efficiency. This system has parts the installer routinely carries on their service trucks, generally no special ordering parts. When and if the system goes down, they have on hand what is needed to fix.

I really like Carrier and this heat/AC package works beautifully. Could not be happier.

We did not want a heat pump - prefer warm natural gas heat.

R410A parts, compressors, refrigerant, etc, will be around for a long time. I believe the next/new refrigerant has butane in it (which is probably just fine).

If you want an R410A system, IMHO, now is the time…

Good luck!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)