AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

TractorPilot - DIY Raspberry Pi based autosteer for 500$
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

WildBuckwheat
Posted 7/29/2024 08:42 (#10830770 - in reply to #10795579)
Subject: RE: TractorPilot - DIY Raspberry Pi based autosteer for 500$

Middlesex County, Ontario
WTW - 7/2/2024 08:39
Never really looked at TractorPilot before. Who owns/controls and updates the software?

A guy named Mikhail in Russia. He also runs a free NTRIP server called rtkdata.online (which I've used a bit and is pretty stable). I've had some direct conversations with him on Telegram. He is definitely well aware of AgOpenGPS but disagrees at some of the ways that AgOpenGPS does things. He has stated in the past that a TractorPilot firmware for the AgOpenGPS All-In-One-Boards is in the works. I believe its his intention to (eventually?) make a profit and do this full time.

A lot of the disagreements on the way things should be done stem from import sanctions. The Teensy MCU and the GPS receivers that AgOpenGPS likes to use are not readily available in Russia because of sanctions. There is also a cost different, an AgOpenGPS electronics setup runs about $1000 for a tablet and autosteer box, they feel its too expensive and their equivalent run about $250.

Does not appear to be a collaboration like AgOpenGPS

There is some collaboration, but it seems to be 99% Mikhail. It's like not he's a ghost, he posts publicly and receives feedback, but he's the one pulling the cart.

Does not appear to have any hydraulic valve driver, which would be a must for me to consider putting the effort into going this direction.

The thing on bottom of the case is an IBT2 H bridge, it can drive a valve or a DC motor.

Edited by WildBuckwheat 7/29/2024 08:50
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)