AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Who will carry on Churches in Small Rural Communities
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

IHC 1470
Posted 8/9/2024 08:22 (#10844759 - in reply to #10815126)
Subject: RE: Who will carry on Churches in Small Rural Communities

Idaho

OntarioCanuck - 7/17/2024 11:27 I think you missed the point that people who think for themselves and look for proof and evidence do not just believe old stories about magic that are outside reality

OC have you really thought about your point of people who think for themselves? I ask you for proof and evidence that evolution happens. I ask is one solid example starting at the beginning of one simple cell and working its way up to what we see now. With billions of supposed years to work with and all the variations of life that we see it should not be an impossible task, yet you come up empty handed or point to something that when you read about it has words such as "might have begun, probable, suggest, etc. In other words it would appear you believe in something that is outside of reality.

As I have mentioned to you in times past I grew up being taught that evolution was the way things happened. For years I was happy living in that reality. I wanted nothing to do with so called religious nuts and did my best to put them down or tell then how stupid they were every chance I got. I was doing the same things that you do.

So what changed for me? First I started thinking what purpose was there for me being here and at this place and time. If I was a product of chance then really there was no purpose. If I was a product of design then the designer must of had a purpose in mind for me. When I started really looking around it became clear to me that what I could see all had purpose, nothing was hap hazard, it appeard to me that there was a design in all this. 

The more I questioned things the more evolution just did not seem to fit. I started looking at the nut jobs and what they thought. You are very correct in there is much to chose from. Sun gods, love gods, weather gods, the list goes on and on. You had to sacrifice you children seemed to come up quite often as the way to keep these gods happy. None of that really made much sense to me either. 

Some where in time it was suggested that I look into this guy Jesus. Now you want to talk about a nut job He would be the one. Yet the more one really looks at the claims He made it really does become clear that they are true claims. 

Yet that really gets you no where if all you do is look at things. It did require some action on my part, it required my participation. Do you think our spouses would have become a part of our lives if we had not asked them to be? I do not know about you but I chose to ask my wife into my life. Looking at it from  her point, she might have been interested in me but if I had no interest in her then what would have been the out come? Jesus is very much interested in yours and my life, after all He created us. Yet if we are not interested in Him we can chose to go a different direction in life. All He asks is to believe in Him and trust Him. In other words have a relationship with Him. Pretty simple yet most seem to miss it.

Getting back to your claims of "people who think for themselves and look for proof and evidence" I would say you are correct. When you really think for yourself and look for proof and evidence there really is only one answer and it is not evolution rather Jesus. At least it was for me 30 some years ago.

If you want to believe in the magic of somehow all that we see around us is just a product of chance then please continue to do so. I will suggest to you that your line of reasoning is really outside the odds of reality. Can you even begin to add up how many mistakes and rabbit trails there would have been to get us to where we are now. Which came first the chicken or the egg? 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)