AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader 5 hz whats missing?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/4/2024 07:41 (#10914632 - in reply to #10914178)
Subject: My problem - somewhat similiar

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I have Ag Leader's Steady Steer in my 9770. I use an Ag Leader 7500 and InCommand 1200. This combo has worked fine for a couple of years. I moved it to my Hagie sprayer and moved it back for Fall harvest this year

It works sometimes. Some days it would work almost the entire day but sometimes fail with the error message "SCM does not appear to be connected". At that point if I sit in the seat just right I can see the LEDs on the SCM. The front most one is showing amber which eventually goes to a blinking green. The system then seems to work for a bit. When this error message appears, I lose GPS to the InCommand since the SCM has apparently lost power and dropped out.

If I switch to manual guidance, I always have reliable GPS with no problems but obviously can't use Steady Steer. Rather than doing a buch of swapping cables etc., I just finished soybeans by steering manually.

When I have GPS, the indications are fine as far as convergence etc. I'm thinking my problem could be an unreliable high current power source for Steady Steer, the ethernet cable or a problem with the SCM itself.

My high current power source is a cable I made myself that goes directly to the positive jumper post and to a frame ground. I use the frame ground so the combine's battery disconnect switch still works as designed. This cable appears to be fine but does pass along the frame of the combine on its way from the battery to the cab.

Edited by tedbear 10/4/2024 07:45
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)