AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader 5 hz whats missing?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/5/2024 07:01 (#10915719 - in reply to #10914826)
Subject: RE: My problem - somewhat similiar

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
caseihfarmer - 10/4/2024 09:22

good addition. i myself haven't got much experience with the newer ag leader steering systems on my own farm so i am getting aged out on here a little bit but just like you stated, and to my point, switching to manual guidance and getting the sat to turn green or not will point you in the correct direction quickly.

I tried Steady Steer again yesterday with the same result that when I go from Manual Steering to Steady Steer/Steer Command Z2, GPS restarts as expected and seems fine for a short time. I then get the "SCM does not appear to be connected" message. The topmost LED on the SCM shows amber and I lose GPS. If I switch back to Manual Steering, GPS returns but of course, I can't use steering.

I'm not really using Steady Steer in corn so it is not really necessary but I might try a different ethernet cable as a trouble shotting step to determine the solution for the future.

I do have the Truesight 2 feeler system on the corn head which uses the Steady Steer motor with its own controller. I haven't been able to get it to work this year in corn for some reason. I really haven't had time to investigate that problem and have just been steering manually in corn. The two problems may be related.

Edited by tedbear 10/5/2024 07:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)