AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Agleader 5 hz whats missing?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/5/2024 19:07 (#10916373 - in reply to #10916114)
Subject: Success today - at least with the feeler system

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Part of my confusion is that I use Steady Steer with the InCommand 1200 in soybeans so the steering is done based on AB lines as usual.

When I switch to corn, I use the Truesight 2 system which has its own controller, wiring harness, feeler, wheel position sensor etc. It uses the Steady Steer motor. When I switch from soybeans to corn I want to switch from using the Steady Steer SCM to the Truesight 2 controller. All that is necessary is to swap the control connector between the two systems. The heavier power branch remains connected to the Steady Steer harness for either system.

I also swap the connector for my engage/disengage momentary button so I can use it with which ever system I happen to use that day. This worked very well last year.

This year I had the "SCM doesn't appear to be connected message" and the power LED (one furthest away from the connector end of the SCM) would show amber after it had been showing blinking green. I would then lose GPS for the InCommand and lose mapping. If I would change the setting to manual guidance I would reliably get GPS and the InCommand performed as expected. Of course I could not use Steady Steer.

When I switched to corn and wanted to use the feeler system I felt this would not be a problem. The problem seems to be that I was using the Guidance Activation connector from an InCommand display cable. Apparently that connection goes off when the system is set to Manual Guidance.

Today I made a key switched connection for the Guidance Activation branch so it has power whenever the the key is ON. My Truesight 2 guidance system then came to life and worked very well all day.

Since the feeler system uses the Steady Steer high current power and the Steady Steer motor and it worked fine today, I don't believe that is the problem. I am thinking I have a problem with the ethernet cable between the InCommand and the SCM or a problem with the SCM itself. With both systems installed and the Steady Steer SCM mounted below the seat along with a few other wiring harnesses the area is very crowded with wires. Possibly the connector on the rear of the SCM has worked loose.

So for the moment all is well since the feeler system is working fine. The other problem is likely something simple.

Edited by tedbear 10/5/2024 19:10
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)