AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Futures
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

getitdone1
Posted 11/7/2007 21:00 (#233763 - in reply to #233416)
Subject: RE: Futures

My understanding and experience is it won't matter much who your broker is. If you listen to him or her you will not succeed.

I believe one of the great truths of successful trading (that's net profits over one or more years)is you have to do your own thinking and often do the opposite of what the average person would do. Very difficult and especially to do so CONSISTENTLY.

The less the experience one has the more one wants all the help and advice they can get from others. It won't work unless you are very lucky and are helped by a proven successful trader. Even then without a "trader's psychology" which can take years to develop your chances are slim.

I've said before: I know of a few proven successful traders and I know some required 7 years or more to go from losing consistently to winning consistently. Consistently is not the same as 100%. Everyone, including the best of the pros, lose some of the time. It's how they handle their losing trades (compared to the typical trader) that makes a huge difference.

Don McCullough
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)