AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Paging a stock market expert
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

billybob
Posted 11/12/2007 08:04 (#236331 - in reply to #236146)
Subject: RE: Paging a stock market expert

You do not need a stock market expert.  You need an expert in history.  Look at the 1930's and before that 1885 or so had a crash.  Actually the US has had a crash every 50 years or so if you go back in history.  The only time this was not happening every 50 years or so was during the Civil War. 

Nothing just keeps going up in value for ever. 

Stock market value is simply a value based upon what someone "thinks" it is worth. 

I have always advised my wife to keep the land if I die.  There may or may not be a "crash" in our life time, but if there is one, rent will adjust according to the current values of the times.  Today, we maybe receiving $200/a rent, after a crash it may be on $50/a, but I tell you milk will not be $3/gallon either. 

The subprime mess is showing the world our greed.  We will do anything to make a quick buck.  World does not like to be messed with in this way.  They are showing it by pulling out of the US and USD. 

Honesty is gone.  Finance is simply smoke and mirrors to make a quick buck. 

People today have a negative savings rate.  That is they are spending more than they make.  How long can that go on? 

So if you want to "invest" in the maket, go ahead, but it can go down just as easily as it goes up.   

Edited by billybob 11/12/2007 08:07
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)