AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

tractorpuller what is you problem?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 12/31/2007 01:13 (#271728 - in reply to #271569)
Subject: Re: tractorpuller what is you problem?

southern MN
Some of us play weather all the time - we are the farmers. :) You play with futures & options & spreads - neat stuff, but a different game than mine.

I started working with a 'free' market helper from the coop. Nice guy. He obviously buys grain tho - his point of view is always from being a buyer. I sell grain - I take things a little different than he does.

You trade grain, I assume from what you say around here. That is a little different than some of the rest of us - we grow the stuff.

We look at things a little different than you.

No one has to be wrong, or dumb, or have their head up their rear.

We all just have different needs & different goals with what we do - even if we end up looking at the same markets.

Me - I play the weather game all year long. Different rules than you are used to, of course. :)

I do believe our dollar will get stronger sometime. I do believe grains will go lower sometime. I do believe the govt will intervene by openning the CRP acres or some such, rocking the markets lower.

Between all that happening tho, there is a precived need for more grain in the world than what we can produce with less than perfect weather.

I think you will be right some day. I wonder if we don't have a 1/2 a year or so to ponder on it first.

--->Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)